Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp Benefits
- Neutralizing electromagnetic radiation - There is a theory that the much-debated sick building syndrome is due to a build-up of positive ions from electronic equipment.
- Purifying the air - Natural living afficionados boast that the core benefit of these lamps is “their incredible power to remove pollen, dust, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants from the air”.
- Reduce asthma and allergy symptoms - The fact that special Himalayan pink salt inhalers exist, and that they seem to have tremendous beneficial effects on asthma, bronchitis, and other respitory ailments rules in favor of the exotic salt.
- Improve breathing - Studies show that negative ions increase cilial activity while positive ions have a negative effect. Cilia are the microscopic hairs lining the windpipe (trachea).In other words, more negative ions in the air means your lungs are kept cleaner from foreign particles. So theoretically, a HPS lamp helps you filter the air you breathe in and keep your lungs clean.
- Increase energy levels - HPS lamps can make you more energetic. Often the link between being out in nature (where negative ions are abundant) and feeling invigorated is attributed to these lamps too.
- Help you sleep better - Another property is that the lamps help you sleep better. The theory is that over-exposure to positive ions in the air lead to a reduction of blood and oxygen supply to the brain resulting in irregular sleep patterns.
- Here’s how negative ions improve mood - Studies demonstrate that negative ions can definitely benefit people suffering from seasonal depression (SAD), and may help other forms of depression too.
- Reduce stress and increase performance - In a study on people completing a 40-minute task on the computer, exposure to negative air ions reduced stress and anxiety and improved performance.